The news that an employee is expecting a new baby can bring excitement to the workplace. It also means your business must prepare for the employee to take one or more protected leaves, either during the pregnancy or after the birth of the child.
Beyond providing the right leave, employers must navigate complex rules pertaining to issues such as compensation, benefits, and reinstatement during an employee's protected leave(s).
This webinar will demystify the rules surrounding pregnancy and child bonding leaves so that employers can seamlessly administer them. Join our employment law experts as they discuss:
- California’s Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL)
- California’s Family Rights Act (CFRA) and the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- How PDL, CFRA and FMLA interact with each other during pregnancy and after childbirth
- Returning employees to work following exhaustion or expiration of their leaves
- Case studies involving requests to use PDL, CFRA and FMLA
- Best practices
- Presented by top CalChamber Employment Law Experts
- Created for HR professionals, office managers, business owners or anyone responsible for hiring and staffing
- Formatted so participants can submit questions during the webinar
- Provided: downloadable webinar slides and a recording of the 6/15/23 live event
- Optimized for mobile viewing on tablets and smartphones
This webinar offers information only and does not serve as or replace legal advice.
This event and all related information will be recorded, including but not limited to attendee comments, questions, and scenarios. By joining this event, you are agreeing to be recorded. CalChamber reserves the right to distribute any and all event materials. We're committed to your privacy. CalChamber uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.