Virtual BLS Instructor Course
Virtual BLS Instructor Course
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (PDT)
Signing up for this course will require you to complete the following steps:
1. Obtain a provider card for the BLS discipline that you want to teach. If you don't have a current card, you'll need to find a class and take the course first. (Please note, you must be at least 18 years old to teach the Heartsaver or the BLS Course. The BLS Instructor allows you to teach BLS & Heartsaver Classes. If you need to take the AHA BLS Providers CPR class please call 229-219-2223 to enroll in a class.
2. Now, you will need to complete your Instructor essentials course online. This is included in the cost of this course and you will receive a log-in code to take this course. When you are finished with this course you will need to send certificate of completion to CPR Heart Essentials or bring it with you to your in person class.
3. Next, you will be ready to take the Instructor Course, this course is your in person or virtual course. The course can be completed in a single day. During this course, you will take the classroom written test and be tested on your hands on skills just as you would test a student. You will also take an Instructor Exam for your discipline. You'll need to successfully demonstrate skills for BLS.. Complete the monitoring requirements for your course. and complete the Instructor Course Exam with an 84% or greater.
4. To qualify for Instructor Status, you will need to be monitored teaching one Initial Class or one Renewal Course. You will have the opportunity to teach at one of our classes located at 6501 Jenny Lind Rd Valley Springs or at your own location! If you choose to teach your monitoring class at your location you will need to have a good internet connection and ability to log into zoom or google meets for your monitor to view you.
Depending on the course you want to teach, you may be able to be monitored teaching a course on the same day, for example, we may be able to arrange a BLS course the same day as your instructor course.
10. You will need to "Align" with a Training Center. An AHA Training Center is one company in a network of companies that has been given special permission by the American Heart Association, to oversee other companies that teach AHA Courses. This is a company with lots of experience and is responsible for making sure each company and instructor that they accept, are teaching the courses by following all the rules set forth by the American Heart Association. To "Align" with a Training Center is like getting accepted to a group that you will kind of report to, ask help from and who has resources to help you succeed. You will submit your class roster and paperwork to your Training Center who will issue the course completion cards to your students. Signing up for this class automatically aligns you with CPR Heart Essentials Training Site and CPR Suppliers Training Center!
As your Training Center we will also monitor you teaching a class once every two years to uphold the standards of AHA, and to assist you with any questions you have. To align with our Training Center, you will need to complete an Instructor Candidate Application and fill out a few more forms that will be explained and given to you during your instructor course. We will help you in aligning with our Training Center during your instructor course.
Your AHA Instructor card is good for two years. You must maintain a current provider card, teach at least 4 courses in 2 years in accordance with the guidelines of the American Heart Association and avoid any perception of conflict of interest in accordance with the AHA statement of Conflict of Interest. Every two years you will resubmit an Instructor Candidate application for each discipline you teach, attend an Instructor Renewal Course, be monitored 1 time for each discipline every two years and adhere to the rules found in the PAM. The PAM is the Program Administration Manual for all AHA Courses. It is 'like' the AHA SOP's RULES AND REGULATIONS. You can find it on the AHA Instructor Network after you log into your account.
CPR Heart Essentials has a full time help desk available to all instructors. We are here to help you succeed!
Register now https://cprenroll.me/mg7kPfWHW4